CALL FOR PAPERS
DEADLINE: FRIDAY 31st MARCH 2023 (Midnight, GMT)
This year, the conference theme LIFE COURSES IN TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY intends to capture the impact of societal (countries, welfare regimes) and meso-level contexts (local territories, organisations, social networks) on the life trajectories of individuals, mixing comparative and longitudinal analyses and how contexts change when individuals’ life courses take different normative paths across periods of time.
We welcome conference submissions from ALL AREAS OF LONGITUDINAL AND LIFE COURSE STUDIES: sociology, demography, psychology, epidemiology, quantitative and qualitative methodology with contributions regarding processes and functioning within and across life course stages from infancy to old age. We encourage a mixture of contributions from different countries and institutions.
This conference will be an IN-PERSON event in Munich, Germany.
PROPOSALS ARE SOUGHT FOR FIVE KINDS OF PRESENTATION:
1. A POSTER presentation for which an abstract of no more than 300 words is required.
2. An individual PAPER for oral presentation for which an abstract of no more than 300 words is required. (Please note: Papers which do not fit into regular sessions may be allocated as posters.)
3. A SYMPOSIUM comprising 3 - 5 papers. Accepted symposia will be allocated a time slot of between 1-1.5 hrs. For each symposium we require a summary abstract of no more than 200 words, plus an abstract of no more than 300 words for each paper.
4. A PANEL session. Accepted sessions will be allocated a time slot of between 1-1.5 hrs. For each panel session we require a summary abstract of no more than 300 words.
5. Post-conference WORKSHOP (12th October 2023).
Duration: Half or full day.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: FRIDAY 31st MARCH 2023 (Midnight, GMT)
All contributors will be sent a notification of outcome by 30th April 2023.
Conference fees will be discounted for SLLS members, and the society’s Journal Longitudinal and Life Course Studies will be a possible outlet for the publication of conference papers.
To submit an abstract click on one of the buttons below: